Position Summary: Responsible to prepare, present, and schedule patients for treatment plans following Dentist’s and/or Associate Dentist’s exam notes and direction. Set up any financial arrangements, collect payments from patients and insurance companies. Direct and ensure compliance of office personnel on company policy regarding collection procedures and practices.
- Create, Prepare, and work with the doctor to create financial arrangement options that meet both patients’ and practice’s needs.
- Current knowledge of the Fair Credit Standards Act and its application to dental offices and the ability to ensure all personnel compliance to Act.
- Present and explain plans to patients before treatment(s) is performed.
- Ensure timely collection from patients, including payment or insurance processing as necessary.
- Provide, and complete insurance paperwork and obtain information from patients’ insurance provider(s) as needed to ensure payment.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- High school degree, GED or related.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with data entry.