Position Summary: The Sterilization Technician supports the clinical team by cleaning and sterilizing all instruments to be used in dental procedures, along with any instruments laid out for possible use. May also assist the Dental Assistants by setting up and providing instruments during prior to or during procedures. May have administrative support duties as well.
- Knowledge of and compliance with FDA and OSHA and office procedures for the maintenance and sterilization of dental instruments and equipment.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Follows all safety procedures in handling of instruments, equipment, and hazardous waste material.
- Maintain supplies of instruments and inspect for need for repair or replacement.
- Provide hand instruments and materials to Dental Assistant, or Dentist, as needed.
- Collect, clean, prepare and organize surgical and dental tools and instruments for use in dental procedures.
- Assists with maintaining sterile working environment
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and office policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.