Position Summary: Under Direct and Indirect Supervision, Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, patients, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide information to callers; Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in person.
- File and maintain records.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Provide information about the Practice, such as location of offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Transmit information or documents to patients, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- High school degree, GED or related.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with data entry.